> This is a multi-part message in MIME format...
> Failing that, why the tmpfs voodoo and is there anything wrong with
> blowing it away and using plain old fashioned disk space for /tmp?

Well, would Solaris recognize it as such?

I don't know what filesystem format tmpfs is, but I guess it might be
UFS. I've never used Solaris, so that's just a wild guess.

You might consider using a (if available) small or extra
swap partition, detach it, and then format it appropriately and mount
it. When you're done, turn it into swap again. It's sort of like
sharing swap space between OSes but not exactly.