> Hm. I have issues with the idea of deadlocking because I used too much
> memory, and tmpfs mounting as /tmp looks like a good idea (though still

Well, it's basically a RAM disk. It would be nice if tmpfs could use
some of available swap, I suppose. Still, that "memory" is going to be
gone on a reboot. So, don't reboot. :)

I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you're pretty sure of the size of
possible objects in /tmp. It also seems from the brief description
(haven't read the docs) that it would also eat more resources than
necessary if you undercommit as well. I remember back in the DOS days
we had RAM disks - and some software had fixed, bot others could
dynamically resize depending on what's on the ram drive.