On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 09:12, Kwan Lowe wrote:
<heavy snip>

> A better idea is to read the Usenet etiquette guidelines. You don't need
> to agree or follow every one of them, but some make sense. For example,
> when replying to a post, quote only the relevant portions of the email.
> This list has had some very long emails, quoting not only multiple
> signature lines, but every response in the thread. Many times only one
> or two lines were added to a hundred plus line post.

Kwan,

   I agree with snipping and stand as guilty as anyone of being lazy.
However I cut religiously sigs.   But as far as traffic goes this list
can't touch cooker.. Now that's volume (800 to a thousand a day during
crunch time!) I've learned way to much "following" threads if this list
dropped to 2 or 3 mails per thread it would become as useless a a forum
for me.  Oh yes and if the problem is a good one... Summarize in the
community twiki *grin*

James