Hi
        I read that you already checked the umas.

david> uname -a won't be of any help now, because I've reverted back to the prior
david> kernel (2.4.21-0.18mdk).  Not smp, secure or anthing else.  Just kernel-
david> 2.4.21-0.18mdk.  Same for the new version, which is 2.4.21-0.24mdk, which
david> was installed from kernel-2.4.21.0.24mdk-1-1mdk.i586.rpm.

>> That is really really wierd.
>>
>> Just ran msec here and it just shows me that my initrd is world-writable so
>> I don't think your problem is due to the kernel.

I wonder what is happening here, I am pretty sure that my initrd is
not world writable at all.

david> The initrd file never *used* to be world-writable....  Not until this
david> release of the kernel, anyway.  Personally, I would consider that a bad
david> sign.

>> cc'ing this to Juan just so he can check as well.

david> Me, too, so that he can see the followup.

/me covers head with brown paper bag for a week while releasing -25mdk
with this thing fixed.

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy