vincent> On Wed Jul 23, 2003 at 08:04:26PM -0400, Greg Meyer wrote:
>> > Ok.  Did a little playing here, using /var/lock/subsys/* as my
>> > determination point.
>> >
>> > kernel: everything world writeable
>> > kernel-secure: normal perms (most everything world readable except syslog
>> > IIRC)
>> > kernel-enterprise: normal perms
>> >
>> For additional edification, I did not install the stock update kernel, but
>> instead applied the netraverse win4lin patches and rebuilt using my config
>> file from the -22mdk club kernel (make oldconfig).  I am getting the same
>> symptoms here too.
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /var/lock/subsys]
>> # ls -l
>> total 4
>> -rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            0 Jul 23 19:32 alsa
vincent> [...]

>> Anything else you want to know from me?  config file, etc.

vincent> Nope... I think I've nailed the culprits... the problem is figuring out why.
vincent> Unfortunately, since I'm not a kernel hacker, we have to wait on Juan for
vincent> this and he's asleep right now.

While vincent wakeup, I am uploading new kernel packages to:

http://people.mandarkesoft.com/~quintela/updates/9.1/

25mdk should be there in something like 1h (145MB to upload from my
cable line).

This is not the _official_ update, and is not signed, blah, blah,
vincent will do it once he wake up.

Sorry for the inconveniences, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy