A while ago I wanted to to the same thing, but from k7 and video to ogg/CD
and vcd, but with the SBLive (platinum and 5.1 ) I always had problem
adjusting or select the  input levels or output for the matter. I had at the
time an old slow spare pc with a cmedia sound chip and I did not have any
problem to record from k7. The quickest solution I had at the time to do the
grabbing job quickly was to use (I know it's sad) windows. Today I still
have not fully solve the problem with the SB.

Andre