On Wednesday 01 Oct 2003 1:40 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 October 2003 05:20 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Right - this one gave me the clue.  I had checked the settings in
> > aumix, but I hadn't realised that I needed to change the Rec to
> > red - should have done.  However, now I can get sound easily with
> > the aumix line showing red.  As soon as I change to rec I get
> > sound, but with what sounds like someone fast beating on
> > woodblocks at the same time. Any ideas on that one?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hmm, I know that on the SB live that I was using in my 10 yr olds
> comp; I really, really had to turn the igain (I'm assuming thats
> "input gain"???) in aumix way down. It defauts to 100, but I had to
> turn it down to 8-10 to avoid clipping in gramofile.
>
> HTHs!

Hi, DarkLord.  OK - if I turn igain down to 0 I lose the noise, but
even 3 brings it back.  I presume it is some sort of feedback, but I
don't know what's causing it.

Meanwhile, I had looked at Audacity and Rezound, but without success.
These are the error messages:

Rezound -
virtual void COSSSoundRecorder::initialize(CSound*)
 -- error opening OSS device '/dev/dsp
 -- Device or resource busy

Audacity -
Error opening audio device
(Change the device in the Preferences dialog.)

/dev/dsp is the only entry in the Preferences dialog.

Any ideas?

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302