On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:57:37 -0400
"Ronald J. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> Don't get me wrong, Haywiremac - I understand where you are coming
> from but maybe a better solution would be to redirect an IE identified
> browser to a page that explains the point(s) that you are trying to
> get across then, returns to the your site (either via a return button
> or a timing limit to ensure that they do read it).
>
> Wouldn't that be a better alternative? Just a random-universe thought.

I think that is the direction, at least partially, I'm leaning. All
joking aside about Stephen's infamous 404 page, I certainly don't wish
to paint all *nix users as ill-tempered ideologues, but at the same time
what is the point of a quick redirect that people will simply ignore
anyway?

You've got to make it impossible to ignore, or else it's pointless.

Non-violent protest and civil-disobedience have a long and effective
tradition of effecting change, and I see this as somewhat akin to a
"strike", the most effective means of such. Ghandi used it, MLK used it,
it is certainly nothing new. If the goons that are polluting the
internet won't listen to reason...

I'm going to stay away from insulting anyone, though it's tempting for
me as you can well imagine ;-)

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046