On Friday 10 October 2003 06:21 pm, HaywireMac wrote:

> Again, this is just a small gesture, and not just aimed at IE. It's
> intended to expose Windows users to alternatives to not just IE, but to
> Windows itself, which is why I point to documentation which highlights
> the inherant problems with using Windows in general. Even if people
> don't take this info as a reason to switch from Win to Lin, it just
> might make them think of putting some pressure on MS to make a better
> effort at security, or change the direction MS is taking.
>
> I plan on expanding the offensive to include the objects you mention,
> such as Palladium, and the idea of even further integrating, and
> therefore exposing to vulnerabilities, Windows OS components.
>
> MS is going in the wrong direction. I hope I can do my part, however
> small, to make people see this, if there's any recommendations you or
> anyone else can contribute, I'm certainly open to that.

Well, there is a favorite link that I like to send people to when I want to
give them a few reasons to consider switching to Linux from Windows.

http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit029.html

The write-up is rather long but very comprehensive and it explains without a
doubt why personal users and small businesses need to start creating a plan
to migrate away from Windows in the next few years.

If you are interested in being able to give someone some concrete reasons, he
pretty much covers the bases.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer