Wrong.  TM lost that court case, because it was deemed to have
religious overtones.

"The 1977 court ruling, Malnak v. Yogi, dealt a serious blow to the
movement. TM appealed to the New Jersey State Supreme Court claiming
they were not teaching religion, but proven scientific techniques. The
Supreme Court upheld the initial decision in a 1979 ruling. After
several years of steady growth, this same time frame marks the
beginning of a decline in the number of new initiates to the meditation
program. In spite of vigorous protest against claims that TM is a
religion, Bainbridge notes it is not mere coincidence that it is during
this period that the organization took new initiatives that focused on
"supernormal powers.""

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/tm.html

And this:
"However, after 1975, TM’s fortunes took another turn. The "number of
new people taking TM courses dropped significantly" (Religious Fringe,
p. 206). In response, "the TM leadership announced an advanced program
which purported to teach meditators to levitate and to vanish at will"
(Ibid.). Such outrageous claims "tarnished the scientific image of TM"
which TM had strived to create and, as a result, the organization lost
credibility (Ibid.). When "a federal court ruled that TM was a
religious practice," and the ruling was upheld in the U.S. Court of
Appeals 3rd Dist. (Malnak v. Yogi), TM was then made "subject to the
establishment clause of the U.S. Constitution" (Religious Fringe, p.
207), not only denying TM the privilege of receiving federal funds, but
preventing it from being taught in public schools, one of the key
markets for TM (Ibid.).

In addition to these setbacks, TM began to become criticized as
actually being harmful, rather than beneficial, to some TM
practitioners. In 1978, Psychology Today magazine reported that a
"‘substantial number’ of meditators developed anxiety, depression,
physical and mental tension and other adverse effects" (San Francisco
Examiner, September 10, 1989, p. E3). "In 1980, the West German
government’s Institute for Youth and Society produced a report calling
TM a ‘psychogroup’ and saying that the majority of people who went
through TM experienced psychological or physical disorders" (Edward
Epstein, "Politics and Transcendental Meditation," San Francisco
Chronicle, December 29, 1995, p. A1)"

http://www.pastornet.net.au/response/articles/87.htm

I'd say that in referring to it as a 'psychogroup' they might have had
you in mind, off-world.