biosoundbill wrote:
> Most of the TM mantras are listed in the Varada Tantra.

Maybe so, but Varada is the mudra of Ratnasambhava, the
third Dhyani Buddha. The Varada Tantra was composed long
after the advent of Buddhist Tantras. The TM mantras are
enumerated in the Saundaryalahari ascribed to Shankara.

We can assume that Marshy learned about these mantras from
his guru Swami Brahmanand Saraswati, since the Swami was
a devotee of Tripursundari, the main deity of the Saraswati
devotees of Sringeri. Brahmananda's own guru, Swami Krishanand
Saraswati, hailed from Sringeri, the headquarters of the
Saraswati Dandas.