>--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:Stop saying that stuff about TM-jihad please. That is a
fundamentlist's term and I am only interested in research published
in peer-reviewed respected scientific journals. I consider religion
and other unproven philosophic ideas and techniques as a kind of
poison to science. It must be given strong evidence, or move out the
way. I don't care what it is, I only care about evidence under proper
scientific peer-review.

Dear Off_World, whoever you are, i think it is a brilliant position
you take and try to entrench.  I am with you on that.  But, where is
its virtue if it is not coupled with social progress?  It is like you
thrust with "peer review science" and then unable to stand up along
with the argument you run the other way taking its conclusions with
you.  You could have been an ayatollah in the larger TM-jihad along
with the likes of Jon Hagelin but you drop the banner?  What are you
afraid of in your thinking?  That Rick or Alex might reveal your
identity here and that you would get banned from the Dome?

I am intriqued with your seeming virtue, whoever you are.  Your
seeming principle & cool humility.  Just on the brink as you deploy
it, you then spurn TM-jihad by declining to lead it further.  It is
laid in your lap and you declined it.  You could have been an
Ayatollah. A spiritual leader of jihad.  A "Captain", a leader of
citizen Meditators for the Age of Enlightenment.  But no, you decline
the power of your principle.  [Power and even riches<You decline what
could be vast offshore bank accounts for you too?>]  You decline the
mantel of TM-jihad to hold only the rights of being ultra-
conservative orthodox Mr. peer-review science.  Is this a noble thing
you argue here on principle and would give up everything else just to
secure it in isolation.  But to what end do you demure?  Are you not
up to such the power of your principle?  You write here anonymously
and back-peddle as fast as you can.  Where are you going with this,
with every fiber of your being? Have you an ambition with this and
are you not up to it?

I admire your peer-review position but wonder really about where you
are with it in these times.

With Best Regards,

-Doug in FF