off_world_beings wrote:
> That is fairly common in science, and that is why the rigor aspect
> needs to be constantly refined, and a lot of the TM research was
> found be more robust than most studies in any science. But I am sad
> to hear you say that you are throwing out ALL of modern science
> because it doesn't suit your opinion. On that idea are fascist states
> born.
>
> I won't go down that road.
> THE ONLY (I stress, THE ONLY) way for people to agree on things in
> the world are through study and replication under validated
> conditions. A LOT of the most important research on TM is robust, and
> only anti-science freaks bring up the argument that if 1 in 10 of
> them is not strong, then they are, by default , ALL of them weak.
> That is the way of the Neocons and I am appalled to see so many
> people here on FFL, like Boo, Ru, Poo, Lurk, Turq, Smirk, Jurk, Curt,
> and Burt, all acting EXACTLY like the Neocons when something in
> science does not suit their opinion.
>
> I am appalled.
>
> OffWorld
Okay, show me the peer-reviewed studies with tests between say: TM, SYDA
Yoga, Sivananda Meditation, Vipassana, etc., etc.  Those to my knowledge
don't exist because TM would never allow it and neither would some of
the others.   What would you find: that TM is no better than any other
technique.

BTW, what do you teach?  One of the liberal arts?