Curtis, this is the main thing that has bothered me about MMY and the
> TMO--how could he (they) do that?  How could they take the good will
> and good intentions of so many really nice people and treat them
like> that?

You aren't the only one!  And think of how puzzling this behavior must
be for those closest to him that got unceremoniously dumped.Keeping
Jerry Jarvis out of the history of the movement book and exiling him
was pretty far out there IMO.  But as a TB I didn't give it much
thought.  The inconsistencies become problems only once you have
revoked Maharishi's enlightened-guys-can-do-anything pass."  That is
where information about how some people process their world so
differently helps me.  It allows me to reconcile that Maharishi may
have been sincere, but was functioning from a different play book and
set of ethical standards.  It is sort of like opposite world to the
TB's view of him as a magical person. But his uniqueness stays intact.

Speculation using this model is similar to how people speculate that
Maharishi was living in a higher state of consciousness that includes
definitive knowledge about what happens to human consciousness when we
die.   We are all just guessing from outside with the tools we have.

Remember when we read the Sociopath Next Door?  That gave me much more
compassion and understanding about exploitive people.  I think the
narcissist definition is a better match, but both give an insight that
we need to know that some people are functioning fundamentally
differently.  And within that there can be a lot of gradations of good
and bad in their life.  Just because Maharishi might have had a
narcissistic personality disorder doesn't invalidate whatever good he
did accomplish or his own sincerity in accomplishing it.  It's just
means he is not a good guy to hand your PIN number to, or... like...
your whole life!