> My take, anyway.

And I think your take is accurate for what I lived particularly in
India for a few months but also in Sidhaland where we would get
directions to follow. So we certainly believed it as you presented
it.The trick was to fully engage with each project fully, even knowing
that the next day it would mean nothing.  That was not always easy.
I'll be it was even tougher for the guys whose money he was burning up
on projects that never received follow through attention.  As an guy
in my 20's it wasn't too much of a stretch.

But in retrospect is seems kind of odd to me.  And it certainly got
him off the hook for following through with things that might have
bored him, conveniently.  Looking at Maharishi as an enlightened guy
who knew what he was doing lends itself to your interpretation.  In my
view of him as a guy who was completely winging it, and who created a
situation where every whim was catered to, it comes out differently.
    I find my own comfort in thinking about him as a guy who, like a
lot of hight achievers, had a bit of ADD.

Now I think that pursuing dreams with consistency shows the kind of
personal character I can relate to. Maharishi had a bit of both
working IMO. I guess he got the movement he wanted.