<My gut feeling is that if you describe MMY's behavior in detail to a
number of psychologist and psychiatrists, they will guess that he had
a personality disorder.>

So you don't think they would just join him in his self perception as
being the most important human being in history?  What if they heard
Bevan telling them that he really really was, many many many many many
many many times?  How about then?  Still no?  This is going to be
harder than I thought...

This is the most troubling aspect of the cute little holy man picture
of Maharishi, his extreme version of grandiosity.  And it is also
where the devotion of his followers cross over into a darker place of
enabling a person with a real psychological problem. A person who
might have needed help instead of a steady stream of ass kissing.

Unless of course you want to give his own self perception another
shot?  You know, the perspective where EVERY other meditation teacher
and spiritual leader was his inferior. Where he was uniqually saddled
with the responsibility to spiritually regenerate all of mankind
alone, and only he among ALL the spiritual representatives of the
Vedic tradition in India knew the SPECIAL SECRETS.

The ONLY authentic spiritual teacher, or at least the best of them
ALL. The TOPPERMOST of the POPPERMOST, a wonder unto himself AMEN and
Hallelujah!  Words cannot express how great and important he was, yet
his minions try...

And people wonder why I need the DSM-IV?  It is to keep me somewhat
sympathetic to his condition instead of ... being less sympathetic,
let's just leave it at.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ruthsimplicity"