I agree that Judy's got a good mind, capable of depth,
but it is her manner some of us take issue with.
Maybe some of her fanatical and absolutist tendencies
also.  but it's mostly her manner.  I've watched her
attack Sal, for example, for having "no integrity."
That's just pure personal attack with no intelligent
substance behind it and having nothing to do with the
discussion at hand--it's the nastiness so many women
show to other women.  Her exchange with Marek is on a
slightly more elevated level.  He's a guy and he'd
have cut her out of his life long before this if she'd
have taken the tone with him that she's taken with Sal
or me.  That's just implicit in the kind of gentleman
Marek is--it's all over his tone and the tone IS the
man.  This whole thing about Judy is about tone.

=== message truncated ===