> So, you can't define 'enlightenment' or 'God'.

What are you talking about?  You have me confused with another poster
Richard.  I could give you many different versions of either belief
from some of the various sources who hold such beliefs.  What does
that have to do with anything?

> That's nothing to be ashamed of Curtis, so why not
> just admit it, instead of making fun of poor
> religious people?

Are they poor Richard?  I would think that since they are soooo tight
with an all powerful deity they would be able to see my skepticism in
a compassionate light.  You know the paternal feeling that it is
Curtis who is the poor one, with his lack of ability to believe in any
of the versions of invisible, but sports event influencing, big
daddies in the sky, or within his heart or in the beauty of a sunset
or the scent of orange blossoms floating in the wind or in the
imagined cannibalistic ritual of drinking the blood of Jesus and
eating his flesh in a church.  And what is poor Curtis to do when he
dies in his state of sin and lack of enlightenment when faced by the
almighty OZ who demands an explanation from him for not being like the
people who saw his miraculous sign of Mary's face in a piece of burnt
toast sold on Ebay...have a little pity on my wretched soul Richard.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"