--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What does one thing have to do with the other?  As a TM teacher one
would not be talking about this in this way.   The planet is in big
trouble because of man's free will.   We do not even know if earth
quakes can be caused intentionally.   I do not believe that God would
ever cause suffering.

Then why do so many animals eat each other alive without a kill bite
strategy that some animals were programmed to use?

This is the classic contradiction brought out by Hume in his Dialogues
Concerning Natural Religion: How could an omnipotent omniscient God
who is also moral and good, not only allow suffering, but also create it.

  I do believe that people create their own Karma.   Maybe Chickens
actually do come home to roost.   Who is to say well this is because
of that?   I think the only thing to do now is to assist in whatever
way one can.   If I were a monk from Nepal I may have one opinion.  If
I were Tibetan living under Chinese domination I may think something
else.   The law of cause and effect, one aspect of the divine
intelligence known as God is always functioning.  So to try and figure
out if God was angry I doubt it is about blaming our mistakes on God.

> I just wish that these things could happen even more frequently in
more places.  Human being forget quickly.  George Bush will say oh
what a tragedy today and campaign to bomb Iran tomorrow.   People will
pass through 9/11, Iraq missiles of mass destruction, the economic
disaster, Katrina and on and on and still think about putting a
Republican who wants to continue the current strategies in office.

> Brasil never has MAJOR DISASTERS but  one is coming I believe, why?
 Because of the way the country treats its own people.  No matter how
much money this country makes, no matter how much resources it has a
great percentage of the people live in complete poverty.   Only a few
people are rich but those few control all and rape all.   I say bring
it on, maybe the message will be loud enough that people will begin to
listen.

> God speaks softly we ignore, God speaks a little louder we hear but
rationalize the message away, the world begins to speak and then we
think well what to do?  When God comes around and kicks us in the ass
we cry OH GOD IS ANGRY OR GOD IS CRUEL................