Well Judy it gets boring after a while.

authfriend <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"sparaig"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie
> > wrote:
> > >
> > >   THE THINGS PEOPLE SAY
> > >
> > > As we come to the end of the Democrat primary campaign I
> > > am proud to see that change has come to America.   Barack
> > > Obama has succeeded in winning the largest amount of
> > > delegates of any Democratic candidate for the nomination.
> > > Also the fact that the voters in the states where Senator
> > > Clinton has won by large margins have openly stated that
> > > the primary reason for their voting for Senator Clinton
> > > over Senator Obama is race.
> >
> > No, that's not correct. Please find an exit poll
> > where voters were even asked what their primary
> > reason was for voting for Clinton over Obama.
> >

> > > Senator Hillary Clintons said on national television that
> > > she is staying in the campaign in the case that something
> > > should happen to Barack Obama.
> >
> > No, that isn't what she said, not even close. She
> > wasn't even talking about Obama. She was pointing
> > out that in the past primaries have often lasted
> > into June, so there was no reason for her to
> > withdraw now.
>
> The primaries she mentioned, had started a month or more
> earlier than the primary she was in, and her husband's
> nomination was assured, by accounts, in March, not June.

No, it wasn't. It doesn't become "assured" until
the convention. Tsongas and Brown were still in
contention in March; nobody was pressuring them
to drop out. Nobody *ever* pressured them to drop
out. Clinton didn't even have the delegates until
he won the California primary in June.

> > (And it wasn't "on national television." It was
> > in an interview with a newspaper, parts of the
> > videotape of which were later broadcast on
> > television.)
> >
> > > She does not leave it to chance she said she believes
> > > he can have a tragic experience such as that of Robert
> > > Kennedy in 1968.
> >
> > She said nothing of the kind! Why are you lying
> > about what she said? What's the matter with you?
>
> She certainly implied it by brining up the same scenario
> 4 times in this primary.

She never implied it. You're *inferring* it.