TurquoiseB wrote:

> The phenomenon Shemp is describing is not fatigue.
> It is more accurately called "plausible deniability."
> It's the same whine we heard from on-the-street
> Germans after WWII. "We didn't know what was happen-
> ing to the Jews...it's not OUR fault."

As I mentioned to Shemp according to the interviews on the extras of
"Sophie Schill" the Germans got tired of Hitler and his war too , not
just the Americans.   They wanted  Hitler and his regime to go away just
like we'd like Bush to go away to Leavenworth preferably.   But stupid
Pelosi said "it was off the table."  We'd like her off the table too.
> I think what Shemp is trying to say is that he does
> not CARE whether people in Iraq are dying, or whether
> Americans are dying. All he wants is his entertainment,
> so he can listen to boppy, uptempo music in peace and
> count his money.
>
> THIS is why Europeans have lost hope in America.
>
> It's not because of Bush; it's because of the American
> PEOPLE. They no longer CARE what their government does
> in their name, as long as the entertainment never
> stops.
They seem to care now that they see the prices at the gas pump and
realize the boob in the White House can't do anything about it and his
war has caused it.