> TurquoiseB wrote:

> >> I read somewhere that some of the powers-that-be are afraid to show
> >> the film in theaters all over because of how it so successfully rips
> >> the shit out of the Bush regime's war policies - or something like
> >> that. I'd love to see the film for just that reason. I wonder if it
> >> will get to Brazil any time soon.
> >>

> > For those of you who are BitTorrent savvy,
> > "War, Inc." has already showed up on the
> > Pirate Bay (www.piratebay.org) and other
> > such sites. It appears to be a DVDScreener
> > version, which means that it is a rip from
> > a DVD distributed to theaters and DVD rental
> > places as advanced promotion for the film.
> >
> > Yes, you are to some extent ripping off the
> > filmmakers by downloading a copy. But if that
> > is the only way you can see the film, I think
> > in this case Mr. Cusak would say, "Pirate away."
> I've read varying dates but it is supposed to be available in the US on
> DVD in July and in the UK on DVD next month.  Do you think the content
> is *that controversial* for US distributors to pass on it?  After all
> the Harold and Kumar film mocking the government just had a pretty good
> run in the US at many theaters.  Was the screener "squeezed"
> (anamorphic)?

I just watched the film. I got a 'screener' version and yes it was
"squeezed."

The film is exactly what I read it was but it was much, much better
and much, much more than I expected. It successfully portrays and rips
the shit out of the Bush regime's policies, its outsourced war and its
profiteering contractors in a superbly delightful and at the same
time, gruesome way. I can see how warmongering 'patriotic' BushCo
right wingers might hate it unless they're just too stooopid to 'get it'.

It's a brilliant film. I highly recommend it!

[snip]