> If you live in New York or Los Angeles.  Unfortunately John
Cusack's
> "War, Inc." is opening this weekend in only two theaters.  The
Angelica
> in New York and the Landmark in Los Angeles.  It is a hilarious
satire
> on corporatism and war with Cusack and Dan Ackroyd playing a Dick
Cheney
> like character.  Cusack was interview on Thom Hartmann's show this
> morning in the second hour and said he has fought an uphill battle
> get it in theaters.  Seems out "liberal" Hollywood has fallen in
line
> with the fascists even telling him the war is still going on and
the
> film inappropriate.

Perhaps it has more to do with the fact that anti-Iraq war films
simply don't do very well at the box office since the beginning of
the Gulf War.

Can you name one anti-war film that's done well?  "Redacted"?

And I don't think the reason is that the movie-going public is PRO
Iraq War; it's more a factor of fatigue.

For example, I love the Dixie Chicks (up to the last one, I've bought
every album they've made).  I haven't bought the last one because I
am in disagreement with the stance on the war but for the simple fact
that I am exhausted from being barraged day and night on the radio,
TV, and newspapers about the war.

Why should I shell out 18 dollars to get even MORE of it (there are
one or two "protest" songs about the war on the album) when I want to
get AWAY from it for a few minutes!