--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jim, let me speak for myself here when I tell you that I'm not
> trying to pigeonhole Maharishi, nor put him down.  Rather, I've
come
> to terms, and after a very long time, with his humanity and I feel
> that I'm the better for it.  Human beings aren't all that complex;
> we all pretty much follow the same tracks of psychology and
behavior
> as our primate cousins, Maharishi, Guru Dev, Marek Reavis and Jim
> Flannigan included.
>
> I love Maharishi; he's my guru and every morning I place a flower
> under his photo.  Doesn't do anything for him but for me it's a
> small gesture of the love that meeting him and being with him
> kindled in me.  But he was still just a guy with faults and
foibles
> and drives and desires, different perhaps in the particular
> expression than my own, but not in the general sense.
>
> The recognition and acknowledgement of things about him I don't
> appreciate or approve of doesn't diminish him, it only humanizes
> him.  Maharishi had, in my opinion, terrible taste; but so what?
He
> chose, apparently, to live out the last two decades of his life
> surrounded by synchophants in a world of make believe and
> grandiosity.  Kind of like the Donald and lots of other fabulously
> wealthy guys.  But instead of building hotels, Maharishi spread
the
> idea of meditation which continues to take root in the world.  So,
> all in all, in my estimation at least, he deserves more praise,
but
> not a pass on everything he did in his life.
>
> Marek

Thanks for explaining this more for me. I guess where I am coming
from with regard to Maharishi is that I always saw that he had a
personality-- that he was never some divine automaton to me. Is that
what all of this is? I personally found his taste similar to the way
I might want the things around me to reflect a truly divine
ambience. All that gold and crystal-- its wonderful. But on the
other hand, is that what we take away from him? His taste in design?
wtf? seriously? and I am really happy that you place that flower for
him- good move, for you.