--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"
> > <willytex@> wrote:

> > > There's no doubt that the laws of 'karma' indicate
> > > cause and effect. But, the question is, does 'karma'
> > > operate on the level of moral reciprocity? If the
> > > universe is material, based on pure mechanics,
> > > then there's no reason to posit a moral factor.
> > >
> > > If 'karma' indicated that there is a moral to cause
> > > and effect, then we would expect to see people
> > > who do good things get rewarded with good things,
> > > and those that do bad things, should be getting
> > > bad things.
> > >
> > > In the real world we do see that cause and effect
> > > operate according to the laws of 'karma', or due
> > > to cause and effect, however, in the real world we
> > > do not see 'karma' operating as moral reciprocity:
> > > sometimes bad people do bad things and are rewarded
> > > with good things.
> >
> > Nice one Richard!  Karma, as well as most of the "God" concepts,
lack
> > any sort of ethical standard that I can relate to.  Insult a
Brahman?
> >  Next life come back as a deformed kid!  That'll learn ya!
> >

> Both of you define karma in quite a different way than I would.  Our
> defs don't even overlap AFAI cans see. So I agree that God World
> Morality Doled Out in Tragedies Across the Globe is a bogus, or at
> least unsupported concept. A flying leap by some.
>
> But if I understand that you are trying to prove such, it seems an
> empty task, to me. Can't prove a negative. If you demonstrate that a
> God World Morality does not occur in one or several given cases --
> indeed if you could even demonstrate that -- it would not establish
> that such does not exist in every case.
>
> My view of karma does not overlap with yours because it has
absolutely
> no moral component, nor does it involve gods or supernatural forces.
> So as to not get confused with your concept of karma, I will use the
> term"human-based action and reaction" BAR-Karma.  Its as moral and
> God-Man driven is throwing a ball against the wall an having it
bounce
> back to you.
>
> Bar-karma has at least 12 types of action and reaction -- enumerated
> in a past post. You clearly view some of these types of action and
> reaction as not pertaining to your brand of karma. I think they are
> quite relevant. If one acknowledges the basic action and reaction
> dynamic playing out in the lower order family of Bar-Karma -- then
its
> quite a ballsy leap, IMO to say that at a larger scale the same
basic
> dynamic of cause and effect no longer apply. It seems to apply to
the
> far reaches of the universe, an at atomic levels levels. Why would a
> non-random universe suddenly become totally random as scale
increases?
> That doesn't make intuitive sense to me. I am happy to abandon the
> (quite weak) hypothesis if you can demonstrate total randomness, and
> no correlation between action and reaction in populations
interacting
> with populations, presently or in various time configurations (that
> is, the last generations effect on this generation an vice versa.
>
> So Curtis, I am rooting for great Bar-karma for you next time you
put
> out your hat after a performance by the river. I would hate for
people
> to just start acting totally randomly with regards to the
relationship
> of their wallets and your hat. I hope they enjoyed the music, and
were
> moved by it and tossed some 10's (if not phone numbers) your way.
> People reacting to your music. What a concept!
>
> And Richard, I hope when you order your next quantum physics book,
> that it is actual delivered to you. I mean your ordering it, them
> sending it. What a concept!

Not really, I think we see karma as being the same thing it's
just that I all it cause and effect instead. I think you'll
have to agree that most people when they say it's my karma
are refering to some mystical universal force that gives
them what they deserve over lifetimes if neccessary. You
must have heard them talk like that, especially about
earthquakes and people born with disabilities etc etc.

We should campaign for a line to be drawn between the inocuous
everyday cause and effect and all these unprovable mystical
happenings.

PS I always buy from bookshops so I can read the first chapter
and make sure it's pitched at my end of the market. If the
ideas are poorly communicated or if there is too much math I
put it back, a bit of insto-karma for the writer!