> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:

> > > SSRS once mentioned this too. He said some masters enslave
their
> > > students. Gee, I wonder who he was talking about?
> >
> > The mechanics of such "spiritual enslavement" are actually quite
> > interesting. A favorite way is to force kundalini up an aberrant
> > path: the student thinks s/he is having some sort of awakening
or
> > profound unstressing but instead ends up trapped in some pattern
> > which cannot culminate in unity, although they may receive the
> > occasional "glimpse". Terrorist groups throughout history have
> > used similar techniques like scaring the person to death, it
> > forces kundalini "awake" but the incredible fear guarantees an
> > imbalanced awakening and a person stuck in limbo who is ready for
> > whatever indoctrination the "guru" wants to imprint. The real
life
> > idea of zombification in Voudoun also relies on a similar
technique
> > where the person is paralyzed into a drug induced coma and then
> > buried alive (an old African "shamanic" technique). The total
fear
> > of being buried alive, once again guarantees the kundalini will
> > awaken, but in a way that leaves the person trapped and easily
> > manipulable.
>
> Less occult and flashy :-) but equally effective
> is to put a person into an altered state of conscious-
> ness, one in which he is disoriented and unable to
> focus properly, and then forcing him to watch videos
> or listen to indoctrination lectures for hours a day.
>
> Does anyone here remember ever feeling "spaced out"
> on a TM residence course? Ever feel as if you
> couldn't quite focus properly, and were disoriented?

Nope. Drowsy sometimes, but in that case I'd just nod
off, or not attend the lecture at all but stay in my
room and sleep. In my experience, nobody ever "forced"
us to attend lectures if we wanted to sleep, nor was
anyone ever "forced" to watch or listen to lectures
or tapes if their mind was elsewhere or they dozed
off right in their chair.

<snip>
> As a side note, Vaj, my experience on other non-TM
> in-residence courses and retreats is that I *never*
> felt spaced out. On the contrary, there was a marked
> *increase* in clarity of thought and action and the
> ability to focus and handle worldly tasks.

That's how I usually felt during TM courses (the only
exception being occasional drowsiness, which was just
ordinary drowsiness, not "spaced-out" drowsiness).