> Curtis, Barack was given a pass not only by the media but by the
> Democrats themselves.  Palin wasn't.
>
> Double standard.
>
> Don't you think Barack should be vetted first?

She is being given a pass in her own party but never had to go through
the scrutiny that Obama did by minds like Hillary Clinton.  I would
love to see her debate Palin as she did Obama.  I can't believe how
little info we have about candidates aside from the popularity contest
spin bullshit.

Palin was the one who put out her family's situation.  It all comes
out, look how we nailed and destroyed John Edwards.  Everyone gets the
reaming.  So we have to go after each candidate to see what we have
and that is ongoing.  No one should go soft on Obama for fear of being
called a racist and no one should be soft on Palin because of fear of
being called a sexist.

As far as media bias goes, all media is fractionated to target
different audiences.  I have to watch Fox news for the right and MSNBC
for the left for example and then make up my own mind.

> Curtis, Barack was given a pass not only by the media but by the
> Democrats themselves.  Palin wasn't.

Fox news did a fine job of climbing up his butt.  I am tired of claims
of media bias, there is plenty of news from both sides now with the 24
hour news cycle. Palin is being given a pass right now on Fox.  But I
have also noticed that the right leaning Fox delights in all the same
salacious details that everyone else does, and then has the nerve ro
complain that other channels are covering it.

BTW, I am watching Bill O'Reilly interview with Obama with great
interest.  It will continue next week.  I despise the guy which is
exactly why he is perfect  for helping me understand Obama better.

That stuff about his associating with terrorists doesn't pass the
smell test with me and demeaning his community organizing work is
pathetic.  Doing good is not bad.  Not by a long shot.

I dig reading your POV here Shemp.  It is not usually my own
politically but I learn from it.