curtisdeltablues wrote:
> But I> do agree the volume of viral email smears on Palin in such a
> short> span of time is one for the Guinness Book of Records.
>
> Actually that record still stands.  It was the more than twenty
> million emails I received and continue to receive from my republican
> relatives concerning Obama being a secret Muslim who will hand our
> country over to the terrorists as soon as he is elected.

The other day I was sitting at the local Starbucks downtown and
listening to a discussion at the next table.  Seems I had some folks
whose business is freight transport discussing the state of the economy
and the effect on their business.  I took it that they were truckers.
They were kinda pissed at what the Bush administration with their silly
DHS rules has done to their business and how apparently the cost of gas
is raising their prices to where shipping by rail is starting to make
more sense (and hey that would get those be f'in behemoths off our
highways too).   Any the woman said she it was not a left or right
argument and one guy spoke up and said he was rather an old fashioned
conservative but hates Bush and can't stand McCain.  They think Palin is
a joke.  He said he doesn't know who to vote for *because* he thinks
Obama will open the door to Muslims to enter the country.  And we wonder
about the intelligence of people?

As I see it people vote Republican because they are selfish.  It is the
"me" crowd.  They are concerned about what's in it for them. Liberals,
the more evolved of the human species, are the "we" crowd.  Why?
Because we're smart enough to see if you include everyone then our own
boat will of course get raised too.  So both concerns get addressed.

Perhaps rather than saying that Americans are dumb we should say they
are belligerent because that is how they are behaving and it carries a
completely different connotation than "stupid" or "dumb."  Belligerence
is not considered a good trait so they will want to shed that mantle
whereas they'll use "stupid" as an excuse.
> Saying that Palin is not ready for this job is not a smear.  Were you
> satisfied with her answers in her first interview with Gibson?

The local ABC affiliate (actually an ABC O&O) in their 6 PM news last
night said they were going to show clips from the Gibson-Palin interview
"ABC won't show you" (very interesting since they are an ABC or Disney
owned station).  They have clips on their website but I haven't located
the clip that "ABC wouldn't show you" yet.