lurkernomore20002000 wrote:
> Lurk:
> Tell me.  How does this plays out in your daily life,
>
> Bhairitu:
>
>> I vote and financially support political candidates whose agenda is
>> liberal for one.  And in my area they win.  And that is how we
>> accomplish those goals you mention above.  I like to contribute
>>
> whatever I can whether it be money or if I can't afford that at least
> join in the dialog and help pull on that rope in the great tug-a-war
> going on.   And  words on the right forum can help sway opinions or
> form them.
>
> Fair enough. The sphere of influence of any one person is pretty
> limited.  Seems that one cannot really do much more than you
> describe.  Other than try to pass on something of what you believe in
> daily interactions.  Hopefully in a positive way.
Unless the person is *extremely* wealthy in which case they have
disproportionate influence.  I don't believe we should allow such absurd
and dangerous accumulations of wealth.  Unfortunately they tend to
protect themselves by influencing gullible people into believing that
someday they too might be as right as them and support their extremist
ideas.