On Jan 2, 2009, at 12:35 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

Vaj wrote:

I've stayed out of this jyotish test question, but what I'd offer up
as evidence that Jyotish is an actual "consciousness-based" reality
that can determine physical outcomes is that one or more of the
non-believers, say Curtis or Barry or whoever who wants to have their
limits stretched, should have a Jyotish reading done by Yogi Karvay.

Yogi Karvay asked for no birth data. He places his attention on you,
goes into samadhi and as he comes in and out of his transcendence, he
reads off all the planets, to the degree, as the actually appeared in
the sky and gives your exact birth date and time without ever knowing
anything about you. I know because not only has he done mine, he's
also done friends of mine. Spot on every time. He predicted Nehru's
life when he was in jail and it all turned out as predicted. And Nehru
hated astrologers. Depending on special circumstances he may or may
not to do detailed predictions. But suffice to say, his descriptions
of my life literally took my breath away.

After he does your reading, he'll initiate you into the sadhana to
gain the siddhi as well.
Karve asked for my birth date and time as he has others. It is really a mental trick. You memorize some charts throughout time and you'll will
generally know the positions of most planets.  The one that is almost
impossible to do is the Moon.  And I don't think he ever mentioned the
position of the Moon in my chart. You can also from time and location
get a good idea of what the ascendant also aided by the appearance of
the person.   What Karve did well was his interpretation.  He was spot
on with what my chart brought to me and the disappointments I'd had in
life.   Many of the amateurs had missed those things.

You blew it. You shouldn't have given it. Yes, he will ask some people.

That's the only way you'd know. He guessed my moon exactly, to the degree--there was a pause between cognizing the "house" and the degree. As he gave off each, I wrote them down in my diary. He helped a friend who's moon was on the cusp rectify the correct house. No birth date or time was given. None.

Of course I'm sure he can do it either way (with or without the birth time). I knew little of him at the time, as I thought all he did was rectify birth times. So that's what I went for. I didn't realize he did interpretations until he started telling me my life (and previous lives).