On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 2:09 PM, John <jr_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The present caste system is an abomination of the varna system.  The
> caste system is a justification for discrimination.  On the other
> hane, the varna system recognizes the natural talent of the people to
> contribute work for the betterment and prosperity of society.

Thanks for placing your comments in the middle of 4-5 other people's
replies, so trying to figure out where to snip was a major chore.

You just aren't getting Maharishi's contention that the workings of
the Universe are just.  Maharishi has explained to us how a planeload
full of people going down in a crash are meant to be on the plane and
there are no accidents, there are no innocent victims.

There's also no discrimination, if we look at the world that way.  Not
between genders, people of different sexual orientations, tall, short,
fair skinned, dark skinned.  You're born into the right family.  After
all, Maharishi asserted that the Brahmin pundits have something
special in their DNA which makes it possible for them alone to enliven
the Vedas.  I heard enough rumors from TM teachers in the early days
about blacks and their very limited participation in learning and
staying with TM as an indication that they are the sons of Cain.  I
heard this talk from much too many initiators to not believe that
Maharishi had mentioned this sort of thing on a course.  What's
interesting is that the initiators didn't think this belief odd at
all.  It was all part of the cosmic plan as described by Maharishi.