--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> Am I wrong when I think that these pundits are all poor folks who are
> getting three meals a day and that's enough for them to pose as pundits, but
> who are actually, you know, smoking ganga whenever Girish's henchmen aren't
> around?
>
> Some of them do exactly that, or cigarettes when they can get them. And most
> chew betel leaf or nut, which is illegal in the US 'cause it's so potent.

Yeah I think there are plenty of poor brahmin families in india that will
provide the movt with bodies to show off.  I spent some time with that thai
buddhist abbot that was friendly with mmy for awhile back when i was a purusha
and he said I was a much more serious monk (at that time) than most of his
because they were just doing it to please their families or to avoid some other
responsibility and most of them smoked and had secret meetings with girls when
they could.