below

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung no_reply@ wrote:
> >
> >  TurquoiseB  wrote: [snip] That the
> > > form of meditation being proposed is TM I think is
> > > problematic because I honestly believe that the way
> > > it's taught and explained in followup talks is
> > > religously-based and thus inappropriate for American
> > > schools given the Constitution and the clear wishes
> > > of America's founding fathers. But the courts will
> > > decide that.
> >
> > Turq,
> >
> > Didn't you sorta choke while writing that last statement?
> >
> > I mean:  you, someone who's posted a thousand reasons not
> > to trust anyone's OPINION without there being logic
> > and science behind it (at the least,)...
>
> I've never said any such thing. About all
> I've said is that *everyone's* opinion is
> just that, and *remains* that, no matter
> how much "logic" or "science" they use to
> try to sell it.
>
> > ...are bending your knee to the OPINIONS of the founding
> > fathers.  WTF? -- you an expat saying this?
>
> In this instance, my opinion agrees with
> their opinion, that's all.

So, um, a constitution that allows for slavery is okay with you?

> But that still puts me leagues ahead of
> you, dude. With all of your pretensions
> to being so intelligent,

Now just a durned minute there, bub.  I'm on record here telling how
stupid I've been for 30 years.  Whenever I find someone else seemingly
as lost as myself, I, naturally, point it out to them that they belong
in my group, and, I sincerely wish they'd lead me to another one if they
can.

I know how smart I am to a fairly exacting degree, and I'm record here
as saying that unless one is in the 1/2 of 1% level, say, an I.Q. of 140
or above, then one really should never think of oneself as all that
cognitively capable of the nuanced thinking that even the most common
challenges require one to have if clarity is sought.  I'm not that
smart, and I've said so here many times.

My "pretensions" are those of Socrates -- I know nothing, but I know
very very well what "nothing" means.  Do you?  I do, and I've written
about nothing here hundreds of times.  I know nothing so well, that
"something" (its opposite) is thusly defined, and, thereby, I know that
if someone is saying they know something, well then, I'm hoping they're
right, cuz knowing nothing is a drag in a world full of somethings.

you've now fallen
> for two of Shemp's *obvious* trolls in a
> row. And you've *still* never figured out
> the first one, the one about the hospital.

Fuck, I'll be fooled again and again to my deathbed.  If your haughty
stance about me doesn't include a clarity that you too can be fooled at
any moment by even a dunce, then prepare for thy doom.

I did a light search and came up empty on anything Shemp wrote about a
hospital and to which I'd replied.  Gimme a link for this.

> Out of curiosity I showed that one to the
> ten-year-old son of a friend who was visit-
> ing me and he got it immediately. If you
> are so smart, why didn't you?  :-)  :-)  :-)

I've met many a ten year old who had insights I knew not of -- in fact,
all ten year olds have deep knowledge about life but they haven't been
educated about how to talk about it.  Do you think that if you were
somehow magically put inside a ten year old's mind that you go: "Ho hum,
how uninteresting?"  It would be a freaking alien world, dude.  They're
out of the box -- only another eight to sixteen years more education
will get them inside the box as deeply as you and I are.

Edg