--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> > So your argument appears primarily to be a scholarly a sort of
> > comparative, historical view of meditation methods. Interesting,
> > but of no value to me in any practical sense.
>
> If it was a scholarly comparative, etc. view, it might have less
> value. It's interesting I see this same comment when TM folks are
> confronted with others with more experience. They're often very
> reactive for some reason to people experientially familiar with the
> tradition(s) they claim to be from. I do think the scholarly POV is
> quite worthwhile, but I also, for example have found it valuable to
> find out what that gap was in my awareness during my TM practice and
> why my breath stopped. It was even more interesting to then be able
> to be guided beyond that in an authentic way to the next steps. It
> was amazing to me (but obviously much less so to you) that there was
> a record and tradition of others who had not only had experienced the
> same thing, but that they had been repeating this simple process of
> exploration and unfoldment for so long, so successfully. It was
> amazing that they had a vocabulary for all this.

So you have gained some intellectual satisfaction. Still, you continue to
divert from the original question --

What practical benefits in daily life   in the realm of improved thinking and
cognitive function, improved body / health function, improved social behavior?

Its your perogative to punt -- but I assume that would men you have no such
benefits and diversion and deflection are the best that you can come up with.