> I discussed this with my trainer this morning, and he agreed with me
that the logical explanation is that a person eating a vegetarian diet,
higher in carbs, would have greater glycogen stores and replenish them
more quickly. It would be interesting to see some newer studies of this
phenomenon.

*********

Throw in some caffeine with those cards, too:

http://njfrogman.blogspot.com/2009/03/caffeine-and-carbohydrates-perform\
ance.html
<http://njfrogman.blogspot.com/2009/03/caffeine-and-carbohydrates-perfor\
mance.html>

Repeated studies have shown that consuming caffeine and carbohydrates
before and during workouts <#>  improves performance in many cases.
Researchers from Australia have just published a report in the Journal
of Applied Physiology that says these substances quickly replenish the
fuel supply to the muscles when consumed after a workout, too.

http://medheadlines.com/2008/07/02/caffeine-carbs-quickly-refuel-muscles\
-spent-during-exercise/