From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of TurquoiseB
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2009 12:46 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Maharishi Mahesh Yogi on meditation and
alkaline body

What the TBs cannot understand -- because, IMO,
of their brainwashing -- is that one can *easily*
hold one POV on Maharishi that embraces his positive
image and *at the same time* embrace another that is
completely comfortable with a more negative image.

They were taught that this is not possible, that
"focusing on negativity" was BAD. If one indulges in
it, there is only one justifiable punishment -- total
and complete banishment. By even *thinking* negatively
about Maharishi, one has forfeited the right to hang
with those who never have.

There's a lot of truth in that. I and others got kicked out of the TM
movement for beginning to think independently without worrying about the
possible consequences. A while after this happened to me, I was chatting on
the phone with a fellow who at one time had been my best friend. I was
expressing this ambivalent, all possibilities attitude about Maharishi -
that there was no need to take all his pronouncements as absolutes, that
much of what he said and did may have been expressions of cultural
conditioning and personal idiosyncrasies rather than cosmic perspectives. If
we had been meeting in person, I'm sure I would have seen the color drain
from his face. His voice sounded "ashen" and he quickly terminated the call.
He hasn't returned a phone call or an email since then.