--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5" <dhamiltony2k5@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh, technicalities.
> > >
> > > Oh come now, not just because I am a conservative meditator,
> > > this one is pretty clear.  The guy is a fugitive from justice...
> >
> > I think the clear pursuit of revenge and politics
> > in this case (the AP earlier reported that Switzer-
> > land arrested him in exchange for the US laying off
> > of Swiss bank UBS), is because the guy is a fugitive
> > from *injustice*.
> >
> > He was screwed over by the American legal system,
> > which promised him a deal if he'd only confess to one
> > of the charges, and then reneged on the deal.
> >
> > So Polanski did what the US legal system cannot and
> > will not abide. He proved exactly how impotent it
> > is, and just bailed. THAT is why they want him back.
> > It has nothing to do with the original case; it's
> > about him showing the world that the American system
> > of justice can be blown off as the joke it is.
> >
> > > A higher thinking and spiritual society of justice has
> > > its moral play here.
> >
> > Such a system DOES NOT EXIST. You are delusional.
> >

> Isn't any woman here going to kick Turq's ass on this topic?  Here's a guy
> who openly says he sees no wrong in hitting on much younger women defending
> Polanski's similar immorality, and no one is writing about the psychology of
> a young girl and how much freedom of choice we allow youngsters who are not
> fully formed intellectually, socially, psychologically, and on and on.
>
> What parent would want to have Polanski target their daughter?  Who thinks a
> young girl is "old enough" to handle this challenge of an older, rich,
> powerful, famous, and predatorily sexually aggressive and deviant perpetrator?
>
> There is a huge issue that is not talked about: money -- anyone who was in
> the same situation as Polanski but without the funds would be far more likely
> to end up doing hard time.  In today's world, we see again and again that the
> rich just do what they want and hire lawyers if someone complains.
>
> Tell us, Turq, did that guy who kidnapped the eleven year old girl and raped
> her and gave her two kids and kept them all in a backyard/psychological
> prison for 18 years do anything wrong in your eyes?  It was polyamory, right?
>
> This is not about religious morality -- it is about psychological morality.
> What Polanski did was skew that girl's life FOR FUCKING EVER, and he did it
> mindfully.  I say jail the shit for the rest of his life and see how well he
> does at rejecting the advances from much more powerful men.
>
> Edg

Well said.

And instead of elaborating on Edg's points I want to address his obvious anger
because Barry's title of this thread seems to be a response to the anger that
is apparent in my posts, the media, and others' posts.

What the hell is wrong with anger in such a case?  And what is wrong with
expressing it?  And if it comes off as "holier-than-thou", so what?  Against
Jesus' "he who is without sin cast the first stone" maxim, there isn't a crime
in the world -- including the holocaust -- in which anger would be justified.

Anger, rage, and frustration are all justified in this case.

And I was heartened to see that polls in France of all places are running 70%
in favor of Polanski's detention.  Good for them!