--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason <jedi_sp...@...> wrote:

> Has it occured to you that both of us are an elite minority
> on this planet. I mean how many of us really pondered over
> the meaning of existence.?

Absofuckinglutely. A critic once said, when discussing
the films of Woody Allen, "Neurosis is a disease only
the well-to-do have time for.

I would suggest that enlightenment and the "spiritual
path" are things that only the well-to-do have time for.
If we had been born into the karma of *most* of the
sentient beings on this planet, would we *ever* have
had time to ponder them?

> You seem to believe in an infinite series of re-incarnations.

Yes, I guess I do.

> That dosen't sound logical to me.  all things ultimately end.

I do not believe this.

I think that's an anthropomorphism projected
onto a universe that never ends. I do not believe
that there is a "goal" or an "end" to sentient
existence or to spiritual seeking. I tend to believe
that, as the Tao Te Ching says, "From wonder into
wonder life will open." I further believe that it
will keep opening forever.

At least I hope so. I would view reaching a state
in which I thought I had attained the "goal" or "end"
of life as an indication of FAILURE, and a sign that
I should press the "Restart" button and buy a humility
clue. I would hope that the "purpose" of life -- if
there is one -- is that wonder keeps opening into
wonder eternally.