--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> Your ideas in this discussion are well intentioned.  But there must be a
> reason why MMY insisted on practicing these siddhi techniques.

I don't doubt this. Certainly there was a reason for it. An important one is
that it brought an active component to meditation, and many people felt they
got more of their meditation practices. All of that is fine.

The severe problem was how it got implemented. The tools and tactics used
belong to the category of fanatic fundamentalism. This implies to me that
Maharishi was in his personal structural development still at
mythical-fundamentalist level due to his cultural background.

Majority of the westerners are already beyond that level, although they may
have some pockets in their personality with fundamentalist structures or below.
This explains why so many westerners have fallen prey to eastern fundamentalist
dogmas. However as a big part of their personality is actually already beyond
those behavioral patterns and illusions that belong to the picture, sooner or
later they have become out from their regression to that dream reality.