To all who are commenting here,

I am not surprised to see that there are different levels in these comments. As
for me, I am learning from a state of being that is not so concerned with
criticism. Yet I understand the frustration of some of you with some of the
teachings or claims of MMY or the policies of the TMO.

After meditating with governors in 84, I did feel that it was true this sort of
power could eventually solve all life's problems. I think MMY was exaggerating
sometimes, I am sure he was not perfect - nor is anyone living on this Earth.
When I got to see more of the actual TMO in the West (then in my native
country), I realized that there is some sort of fight within these ranks - not
just the usual ego-stuff one finds with all seekers and disciples, but some
sort of a spiritual war.

Regarding that, here is a real eye-opener:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vida_alien/warinheaven/warheaven-III.htm
a book published in 1988 by Kyle Griffith, now available online and for
downloads. A brief summary is avaliable here:
http://www.zeitlin.net/EndEnchantment/WarInHeaven.html

This is close to my understanding of spiritual reality on Earth, and if anyone
reads into it, they will see why I am seeking answers and help from Indian
approaches.

It does not explain my experiences with the Divine, or astrology, but I believe
there is a grain of truth in it. In the language of that author, I perceived a
Theocratic strain in the TMO fighting for control, and judging by my
experiences with TM, the original source MMY mediated to the world did have the
liberation of mankind by spiritual means. However, I just felt differently
around some people - those who had been established in deep meditation. Some
others sounded to me more like average Western middle class people chasing some
sort of a guru rainbow. Forgive me to be blunt.

After years of wanting to be a TM teacher myself - it was external karma that
prevented me from doing that - I am not sold on the ideas of Rajas and I
recognize some of the problems other people discussed on this forum as well as
by ex-TM-ers.

Neither do I think I was serving some weird alien deity when I did my
meditations as fundamentalist converts would assert. Hinduism is close to me
anyway - maybe by reincarnation or other means. For example, Ganesha is real, I
have seen this power visually countless of times. This is true despite my
knowledge of Buddhism - I even co-authored a paper on Buddhist epistemology.

Everything is connected by sacred languages, they are almost like secret codes.
Samskritam is one of the easiest in this period today. It is almost like our
nervous systems have been composed of Samskritam syllables. For some reason,
even Buddhists who certainly developed deep and even Tantrik techniques wrote
in high Samskritam in times when it was no longer used, and they use Samskritam
mantras even in Japan (mikkyo) and Tibet, albeit in slightly altered forms.

The whole thing reminds me of jyotish. Jyotish preserved some uncanny
techniques, yet - as MMY himself pointed out in his introductory video on
jyotish - modern India used a type that was not as spiritual in focus as
Western astrology. To me a lot of modern jyotish is about wordly success
measured in strength of planets etc. (Of the modern Indian teachers, I think
Sanjay Rath has knowledge that is difficult to surpass.) Yet, despite India's
firm basis in reincarnation, very few modern practitioners realize that there
is deep, meaningful and useful reincarnational information hidden in nakshatras
and Vedic houses.

In other words, tradition has to be rediscovered and reinterpreted - in jyotish
as well as in mantras. And this is done all over the world in jyotish forums
and workshops. Actualy, now with computers, it is easier to test jyotish
techniques that used to take days to calculate, hence the universal popularity
of Vimshottari for example.

Mantras are probably similar. Naturally, the whole truth is not going to be
revealed for a mere few thousands of dollars. Yet I have seen people realize
extreme great states of enlightenment and things talked about in the most
advanced mystical texts with MMY's techniques. I have seen some dogmatic people
also - and I think any type of dogmatism hinders true spiritual progress.

Perhaps there are further wonders on the road - and sometimes India is the
keeper of such wisdom (being Makara/Karka axis). I am glad to see that many
people here have compared their practice with traditional Indian approaches. I
am also glad that documents behind the whole experience, such as Beacon Light
of the Himalayas are available now.

I do not know kriya yogis, but Yogananda struck a deep chord with me, as did
Yukteshwar.

Back to practice and solving my questions. Nowadays I have the luck of such
quick feedback that if anything goes wrong I notice within a day. And TM came
into my life just like jyotish did - as a revelation. It deserves to go to a
higher level.

If anything, I want to advance further and not just sit back and criticize the
Maharishi or shed light on the obvious differences of inner teachings and
external policies. Others have done that enough  - and they are probably right
in many ways. (I may sound like a simpleton here.)