Hugo, you like science. I'm completely uninterested in
whether the TMO used a silly photo to insinuate that
people were actually levitating or not. That's a done
deal, game over. The TMO not only used such photos in
the early days of the TM-sidhi courses, they *told*
prospective suckers in meetings in TM centers that
people were levitating. People who had *never even
been on one of the courses yet* said that they had
seen this with their own eyes. (This happened repeat-
edly in the local center that was in the National
TM Headquarters in Pacific Palisades. I sat there
once listening to such a sales spiel sitting next
to a good friend who had just returned from her
TM-sidhi course. Her comment: "He's lying. And
furthermore he's high up enough in the movement
to *know* that he's lying.")

But here's where the "science" comes in. Several times
on this forum I have suggested an experiment that,
given my last-time-I-studied-it-back-in-high-school
knowledge of physics, would prove one way or another
whether the "flying" in Yogic Flying is due to anything
other than muscle exertion.

Simply set up high-speed cameras as TM-sidhas "known"
for their ability to "fly" well do their program, and
"fly." But instead of sitting on foam, they're sitting
on a big, at-least-one-foot-deep water bed.

If my physics is correct, any muscle force exerted
downwards would be dissipated by the water in the bed,
and they'd never budge off the surface. If they *do*
budge off the surface in such an experiment, then
"something good may be happening."  :-)

It seems foolproof to me. So much so that one would
think that the TMO would jump on it like Iowa farmers
on candy corn at the State Fair. If several of their
"frequent flyers" can get off the surface of a water
bed, then they've proved that there may be something
to it other than muscle exertion. If they cant, well...