--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> You're probably not into astrology

Never have been into western and new age astrology -- no interest even in the
exploratory years of Summer of Love era.

However, I have dabbled a little in jytoish, having more respect for a
discernable tradition. (Not that a tradition makes anything correct, having
roots on ancient ways is to me, at least interesting. I can't fully subscribe
to the view  that all currents of modernity and progress are necessarily
superior to older ways and insights.) When wring the original post, it struck
me that 1930 was 80 years ago. Every 20 years, Jupiter and Saturn cojoin --
though in new houses. Thus four cycles of that. Not sure that means anything at
all -- but an interesting coincidence that could be fun to trace through more
thoroughly.

 but if you were one thing one might
> notice from looking at todays chart is that the Sun, Jupiter, Mercury
> and Venus are close together

How often does that happen? Mercury and Sun -- all the time. Sun and Jupiter OR
Venus once a year. Sun Jupiter AND Venus -- I can't calculate mentally. But the
point is -- what happened the last 10-50 times this conjunction occurred? The
same thing as in this cycle? If not, if little correlation, then it seems to me
the conjunction is of little consequence.

and the Moon of course about to go full.
> That means there is a lot of extra gravitational influence than normal.
> Full and new moons often cause earthquakes because the gravitational
> force causes the plates to rise and when they settle you get a quake.

Interesting speculation. However, we have 12 new and 12 full moons every year
and hardly have 12 8.8 earthquakes every year. And if we do look at major earth
quakes, did they (most) always occur at full or new moods?

> One observer mentioned that we might be in a cycle of quakes for the
> Pacific Rim that began with the Indonesian one a few years back.  Look
> for even more quakes following the new moon.
>
> As much as some folks might like to believe that a bunch of people
> hopping on foam could prevent things like this,

I was thinking all the hopping might cause earthquakes :).

>human beings are nothing
> in the scheme of things.  We are at the mercy of the elements.

Events like this, and all the other stuff, makes one a bit more humble.