--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> tartbrain wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> >> You're probably not into astrology
> >>

> > Never have been into western and new age astrology -- no interest even in
> > the exploratory years of Summer of Love era.
> >
> > However, I have dabbled a little in jytoish, having more respect for a
> > discernable tradition. (Not that a tradition makes anything correct, having
> > roots on ancient ways is to me, at least interesting. I can't fully
> > subscribe to the view  that all currents of modernity and progress are
> > necessarily superior to older ways and insights.) When wring the original
> > post, it struck me that 1930 was 80 years ago. Every 20 years, Jupiter and
> > Saturn cojoin -- though in new houses. Thus four cycles of that. Not sure
> > that means anything at all -- but an interesting coincidence that could be
> > fun to trace through more thoroughly.
> >

> >  but if you were one thing one might
> >
> >> notice from looking at todays chart is that the Sun, Jupiter, Mercury
> >> and Venus are close together
> >>

> > How often does that happen? Mercury and Sun -- all the time. Sun and
> > Jupiter OR Venus once a year. Sun Jupiter AND Venus -- I can't calculate
> > mentally. But the point is -- what happened the last 10-50 times this
> > conjunction occurred? The same thing as in this cycle? If not, if little
> > correlation, then it seems to me the conjunction is of little consequence.
> >

> It also a conjunction that is occurring on an full  moon.   BTW, I am
> looking at this more astronomically or geophysically than
> astrologically.  I think that outside of the Sun and Moon influences the
> other planets do not have much physical impact on us or the planet.  In
> fact I think the ancients really just used the planets to keep track of
> naturally occurring cycles be they economic, political and particularly
> agricultural.   However if you look into celestial mechanics and play
> with the basic calculations you will find you have to add in aberrations
> which are created by whatever gravitational forces other planets create
> be they small.  Otherwise the orbits won't be correct.  What dates need
> t the most refined terms?  The ones when conjunctions such as these occur.
> > and the Moon of course about to go full.
> >
> >> That means there is a lot of extra gravitational influence than normal.
> >> Full and new moons often cause earthquakes because the gravitational
> >> force causes the plates to rise and when they settle you get a quake.
> >>

> > Interesting speculation. However, we have 12 new and 12 full moons every
> > year and hardly have 12 8.8 earthquakes every year. And if we do look at
> > major earth quakes, did they (most) always occur at full or new moods?
> >

> The person that brought this to public attention was Jim Berkland, a
> geologist for Alameda county who predicted the Loma Prieta quake and got
> fired as a result.  Later Russian scientists released a study showing
> that indeed the new and full moon and the tides they create impact the
> [...]

That would be interesting to look at. I have seen similar correlations with
sunspot activity. Increasing the probability, not necessary causing the event
each and every time,is an important perspective. Eating a pound of butter a day
may never cause a heart attack, But it does increase the chances. And for a
population, more butter gorgers will have heart attacks.