tartbrain wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:
>
>> You're probably not into astrology
>>

> Never have been into western and new age astrology -- no interest even in the
> exploratory years of Summer of Love era.
>
> However, I have dabbled a little in jytoish, having more respect for a
> discernable tradition. (Not that a tradition makes anything correct, having
> roots on ancient ways is to me, at least interesting. I can't fully subscribe
> to the view  that all currents of modernity and progress are necessarily
> superior to older ways and insights.) When wring the original post, it struck
> me that 1930 was 80 years ago. Every 20 years, Jupiter and Saturn cojoin --
> though in new houses. Thus four cycles of that. Not sure that means anything
> at all -- but an interesting coincidence that could be fun to trace through
> more thoroughly.
>

>  but if you were one thing one might
>
>> notice from looking at todays chart is that the Sun, Jupiter, Mercury
>> and Venus are close together
>>

> How often does that happen? Mercury and Sun -- all the time. Sun and Jupiter
> OR Venus once a year. Sun Jupiter AND Venus -- I can't calculate mentally.
> But the point is -- what happened the last 10-50 times this conjunction
> occurred? The same thing as in this cycle? If not, if little correlation,
> then it seems to me the conjunction is of little consequence.

It also a conjunction that is occurring on an full  moon.   BTW, I am
looking at this more astronomically or geophysically than
astrologically.  I think that outside of the Sun and Moon influences the
other planets do not have much physical impact on us or the planet.  In
fact I think the ancients really just used the planets to keep track of
naturally occurring cycles be they economic, political and particularly
agricultural.   However if you look into celestial mechanics and play
with the basic calculations you will find you have to add in aberrations
which are created by whatever gravitational forces other planets create
be they small.  Otherwise the orbits won't be correct.  What dates need
t the most refined terms?  The ones when conjunctions such as these occur.
> and the Moon of course about to go full.
>
>> That means there is a lot of extra gravitational influence than normal.
>> Full and new moons often cause earthquakes because the gravitational
>> force causes the plates to rise and when they settle you get a quake.
>>

> Interesting speculation. However, we have 12 new and 12 full moons every year
> and hardly have 12 8.8 earthquakes every year. And if we do look at major
> earth quakes, did they (most) always occur at full or new moods?

The person that brought this to public attention was Jim Berkland, a
geologist for Alameda county who predicted the Loma Prieta quake and got
fired as a result.  Later Russian scientists released a study showing
that indeed the new and full moon and the tides they create impact the
probability of quakes.  However a fault must be ready to go for it to
create a quake.  So we can't always sure there is going to be one but
there is high probability.   Also quakes often occur near eclipses which
as you know are less frequent per year.  Keep in mind that such forces
can make the earth bulge as much as 3 feet which may not sound like much
but enough to cause some shifts in plates.