Curtis:
> I am proposing that karmic thoery is not
> just the basis for cruelty in the vast
> majority of its believer's lives...

You didn't state what is the 'karmic theory'.

The karmic theory in South Asia is the law
of action-reaction. It's just like the theory
of causation. Karma means action: if we perform
an action, there will be a corresponding
reaction. In the karmic theory there is nothing
in existence that can avoid causation.

The question is, does a mental thought cause
another coresponding re-action now, or in the
future? In other words, is there such a thing
as moral reciprocity? You alluded to one in
your message, but what really makes acts right
or wrong?

You also didn't define 'caste system', and you
may have assumed, falsely, that the Indian
caste sytem is based on the color of an
individual's skin.

Caste doesn't refer to race, but to the birth
circumstances of a person, such as gender and
profession. In India 'caste' means 'class',
and there are classes in almost every society.

The question is, are there intrinsic, different
classes in society or not? And if so, on what
basis is a person classed?