yifuxero:
> Among the Gurus claiming or implying that they have
> Siddhis, I have difficulty fathoming why they would
> then beg for money from their followers...

That's because manifesting $$$ and begging from your
followers are one and the same thing, but begging is
a little easier, if you're good at mind-control.

The Zen Master Rama obtained hundreds of thousands of
dollars in this way.

All you have to do is have some schmuck put up posters
all over the place promising instant enlightenment.

Then, you invite selected schweps to meet you in the
desert at night, give them some LSD, play a few mind
games, and then brainwash them to give you thousands
of dollars just to be in your presence.

Turq calls this technique 'siddhis', but Curtis likes
to call this kind of schtick, selling snake-oil; Hugo
says it is criminal.

Apparently this works on some people like Turq, Curtis,
and Hugo, who have given up thousands of dollars to
the fakirs, over a very long period of time.

>From what I've read, Curtis once gave Chopra $700 for
medical advice, but all Curtis got was the word for
water. Turq gave the Maharishi over $5,000 to learn
how to 'bum-hop', and all Turq got was a chance to be
a Marshy 'door-guard'. Not sure what Hugo got for his
money, probably nothing, but Hugo seems to have went
all the way, and paid for six-months of training in
how to take a 'nap'.

Go figure.