> "Almost everyone" was deliberately misled by Bush and Cheney,
> who pretended the evidence was much more conclusive and
> certain than it actually was.

How the wisdom of "You break it you bought it" got drowned out is one of our
generation's biggest tragedies.  I remember reading a few articles about how
fractionated the groups in Iraq were.  We knew enough to understand what a
fool's errand this was.

It reminded me of a white South African who told me while apartheid was being
ended that Americans had no idea the bloodbath it would unleash between people
who hated each others guts for generations.  And he acknowledged how immoral
apartheid was, he wasn't defending it.  It was one of my first wake up calls to
the complex reality of life that sometimes you are only negotiating the
thickness of bread on your shit sandwich.