Rick Archer wrote:
> [...]

People are going to do what they are going to do.  There may be no free
will, just a script to follow.  You may not happen to life, life may
happen to you.

Clinical depression is chemically caused and correctable with
chemicals.  Situational depression is caused by the situation the person
finds themselves in and correctable by changing the situation (or
understanding it).  Some people can flip the state and just decide to be
a pain in the ass to everyone else.  That's far better than committing
suicide.