emptybill:
> ...distinguished swamis Vivekananda and Satchidananda;
> Theosophist sympathizers Alice A. Bailey...

"Taimini superimposed Theosophy upon Patanjali ala
Blavatsky/Bailey blah blah blah..." - emptybill

FairfieldLife/message/250125

It is a fact that Vivekananda did not read any Sanskrit
and he was not a real 'Swami' by any measure.

> The translations are as diverse as the scholars
> who wrote  them: Georg Feuerstein, Vyaas Houston...

Georg Fuerstien upholds the theory that the Aryan
speakers *came out of India* - totally discredited!

Read more:

"A pair of Western scholars (Michael Witzel and Steve
Farmer, "Horesplay in Harappa," Frontline Magazine,
10/13/00) have observed: "In the past few decades, a
new kind of history has been propagated by a vocal group
of Indian writers, few of them trained historians, who
lavishly praise and support each other's works. Their
aim is to rewrite Indian history from a nationalistic
and religious point of view. Their writings have special
appeal to a new middle class confused by modern threats
to traditional values. With alarming frequency their
movement is backed by powerful political forces, lending
it a mask of respectability that it does not deserve."
I believe this is precisely one such book, and will be
happy to have it out of my house..."

Read more:

'The True History and the Religion of India'
A Concise Encyclopedia of Authentic Hinduism
By H.D. Swami Prakashanand Saraswati
Jagadguru Kripalu Parishat, Barsana Dham, 2003
http://tinyurl.com/2cdkhlv