thx, nothing like Indian apologetics from Feuerstein to give us much
"truthiness"; but we do know that there are important Buddhist statues outside
of India, such as those blown up by the Taliban.

I know MMY was heavily into Patanjali; it seems that's all he talked about, to
the point of being a fetish. Personally, I've learned more from Woody Allen.

The only Patanjali book I had was that slim volume from Swami Prabhavananda of
the Vedanta Temple.  I sent it in the mail to my Kriya Yoga instructor, Swami
Satyeswaranda (lives in the same town I do, San Diego).  He was a lawyer in
India and claimed to be a direct disciple of Babaji. (you can see his pic at
the website).  He called me on the phone in a great state of anger balling me
out for sending the Patanjali book, saying he was going to sue me.
One of my first Buddhist teachers, Hsuan Hwa; didn't know Skt or English.  He
seemed to do quite well in his practices without knowing anything about
Patanjali.

A more likely scenario is that if people exist on the Pleides or in other
universes; they are no doubt Buddhists and have likewise never heard of
Patanjali.
So go figure.

I liked that Theosophy book "The Chakras" by Leadbeater, one of the early
Theosophists who seemed to have a falling out with Madame Blavatsky.
Leadbeater may have been a genuine clairvoyant; and as the story goes, was once
on a beach near Madras and happened to see the brilliant aura of a young boy:
who grew up to be.....J. Krishnamurti.  He was declared the future World
Teacher but severed ties with the Theosophists in the 20's..  .